Thursday 15 August 2013

Tartan Skirt


Shirt: Topshop, Skirt: Urban Outfitters, Tights: Marks and Spencer's, Boots: Topshop

I bought this skirt ages ago and hardly wear it. Since my shorts phase began I've been shunning my old uniform of skirts and dresses, but I'm trying to get more versatility into my wardrobe so out came the old tartan number. I never got to wear cute skirts like this for my school uniform and I really wanted to, so I sort of indulge my younger self's desire by owning 3 tartan skirts; I rarely wear them but perhaps with my new resolution to wear more skirts they might make a come back.

The shirt is from Topshop, of course. It's a really great staple on those days where I've got zero inspiration. It's gone a bit funny and bobbly as I've had it for a while now, I might invest in a slightly more expensive one when I have a bit of spare cash; investing in wardrobe staples is always a good idea. I wore my black boots (see my last post) and nude tights. I thought black tights might be a bit dressy, but as soon as I left the house it started to rain - so much for dressing optimistically!

Excuse my awful flat hair. I haven't had a proper cut in about three years. They cut it so short last time I vowed to never go back. I'm thinking I might have to though as it's in such bad condition. Expect my holiday snaps from France in the next few days.

3 comments:

  1. love it! i am so obsessed with tartan right now, that skirt is so cute. lovely blog as well, perhaps we could keep in touch and follow each other on Bloglovin'? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to on there.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your blog is great too. I've followed you on Bloglovin - would be awesome for a follow back, i hope one day my blog gets as many followers as yours! x

      Delete
  2. Well consider this a reminder to wear it more often! You look great in it!!

    ReplyDelete